[cups.general] photosmart 7260 madness

wing549 wing549 at earthlink.com
Mon May 31 13:31:55 PDT 2004

I am trying to get my HP photosmart 7260 printer working with GNU/Linux
and CUPS
First I am running Gentoo which I have in my USE="cups foomaticdb ppds
usb" and i emerge hpijs hpoj
and
/etc/init.d/hpoj start && /etc/init.d/cupsd start

from there i configure my printer through the cups web gui at
localhost:631...
which it shows 7260 as USB#1 (if idont start with the hpoj, if i do then
its somthing like PTAL:mlc:usb://7260) I then proceed to print a test
page which it gives me a job number, but no job is in the queue nor does
anything print either if i use it with hpoj/ptal or not...as far as if
the hardware is bad; I can print in windows. Please help ... Also my
/dev/lp0 symlink points to /dev/usb/lp0 and i have lp=lp0 as grub boot
arg.. I am running vanilla 2.6.6 kernel.