[cups.general] Cups

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Sun May 9 14:19:12 PDT 2004

> For that thing Mike Sweet should answer.
> If you compile ESP Ghostscript yourself in will be placed under
> /usr/local/bin/...
> You could however compile with --prefix=/usr/bin
> But people reported that it didn't suffice.
> You would set the path by hand.

Everything except AFPL Ghostscript is from debian packages and so everything
is installed to /usr/...
Until I know the reason of this bug I even don't see a reason why I should
recompile anything.

> You could also try to deinstall AFPL Ghostscript.

AFPL Ghostscript is installed to /opt/local/... and unless I explicitely
link /etc/alternative/gs to /opt/local/.../gs there is NO interaction
between usual debian files and my own gs-installation.

Really, this is a general cups/debian problem and not a problem caused from
any of my own installations.
IMHO it could be also possible that the hole cups-cvs branch is not working
with Epson Stylus printers (the current debian package has the version
1.1.20final+cvs20040330-3, which makes me think its the cvs version).

I don't expect this problem can be solved without further analysis and I
only posted it in this thread since I wanted to show the current debugging
deficits of cups.

Thanks,
        Bernd