How to remove CUPS from RH Enterprise

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Tue May 11 23:47:01 PDT 2004

nzhang at ricohcorp.com wrote:
> Hi: RedHat Enterprise only has the CUPS printing system. What is
> remove command to remove CUPS from RH Enterprise?, I still want to
> install LPRng printing system. can anyone give me help?

Just leave CUPS alone, and install LPRng.

Then you can switch printing system using the
redhat-switch-printer command. You might need
to find the redhat-switch-printer RPM from an
older RedHat distribution.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk