insert page from special tray after each job

Jascha Schubert jascha at alte-sauna.net
Thu May 27 07:14:39 PDT 2004

Kurt Pfeifle schrieb:
> Alois wrote:
>

>>For job separation on HP laserjet 8150, we keep special coloured
>>paper in paper tray 1.
>>
>>How can I configure the printer queue in cups for this printer, so
>>that it inserts an empty page from this tray automatically after each
>>print job?

I have an similar problem. We have to print the same document several
times and would like to have an colores seperation page between each
printout. If I use
lp -d printer -n 10 -o raw -o job-sheets=none,empty document.raw
I only get the empty banner page after all 10 printouts are finished,
but I want one between each printout. As workaround I now generate 10
seperate jobs. Is there a way to do this with 1 jobs (the current
methode fills up the queue and makes it a bit hard to read).

Another thing: How do I create an .ps file that the printer prints an
empty page? By now I always need some charakter in it, otherwise it
issnt printed...

Thank You
Jascha Schubert