[cups.general] Can't select hpijs on remote printer

Marc takeahike at ironroots.com
Wed May 12 20:01:25 PDT 2004

I've got a Gentoo Linux system and an XP PC on our home network. The HP
LaserJet 950C printer is connected to the XP, and I print to that
through Samba from the Linux box. Also, I'm using hpijs 1.4.1.

Since upgrading to cups 1.1.20, I am unable select the 950C with hpijs
driver when trying to Add Printer using the CUPS web interface. I can
find the other 950C drivers, the cdj550, cdj970, and pcl3. The cdj
drivers work, but are nowhere near the quality of the hpijs. The pcl3
driver prints double images in columns.

Any ideas on how to get my hpijs drivers to work? When I had the printer
connected to the Linux system, the hpijs driver worked fine.

Thanks.

--
Marc <takeahike at ironroots.com>