Question re: Legal print

Michael Satterwhite michael at weblore.com
Thu May 13 14:49:26 PDT 2004

I have looked through the CUPS documentation and must be dense. I'm still not sure how to properly set up a legal queue and use it.

I've created a new queue: "Legal" using the web interface. It's directed at a Samba printer on a Windows server. I know this works as my default queue (using Letter paper) is using this same printer.

As part of the Web configuration, I selected "Legal" paper size. So far, so good.

I have to set up an "lpr" command to direct the output through for an application (Win4Lin). The command I'm using is

     lpr -P Legal

which I *THINK* should direct my output through that queue. Questions:

(1) Is there anything else I need to do to configure a legal queue?

(2) Are there any other options I need on the lpr command?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
---Michael