[cups.general] Cups

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Sun May 9 18:24:39 PDT 2004

Bernd Schubert wrote:

> > Increase the debug level in /etc/cups/cups.conf, delete
> > /var/log/cups/error_log and print again. Post the file
> > here.
>
> This is already attached to my debian bug report:

This thingie schows clearly that your problem is in "foomatic-rip".
foomatic-rip is supported in the newsgroups of Linuxprinting.org:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/forums.cgi

You can run foomatic-rip manually. See the man pages. foomatic-rip
is a Perlscript. Which version is it? Which version of a Debian
package is it? Did you look at the first 100 lines of comments of
that script? It tells you where to increase the debug level of
foomatic-rip and where to look for its log.

Have you had a look for those excellent printing tutorial's handouts
which was held by Till Kamppeter and Kurt Pfeifle at Linux-Kongress
2002 in Cologne? You can find them at Linuxprinting.org. They
contain everything and more you need to debug your problem...