[cups.general] HP 4600 + CUPS + SAMBA

pll+cups at permabit.com pll+cups at permabit.com
Wed May 19 09:16:33 PDT 2004

In a message dated: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:07:07 -0300
Alvaro Aguilera said:

>I've installed the HP Internet Printer Connection, but when I enter the
>URL of the printer on the cups server (ipp://server/printers/my_printer
>or http://server:631/printers/my_printers) an error occurs telling that
>the printer cannot be contacted...
>
>Any idea about this? Is there any trick to mak cups works with HP IPC?

I've got and "hp color LaserJet 4600v3010.107"
and I used:

  Device URI: socket://permacolor:9100/

This data is cut'n'paste from my CUPS server, and this printer has
been working fine.

With Windows however, I couldn't get the samba stuff working
properly, so, on the clients, I create a network printer with a URL
of:

  https://print-server/printers/<printername>

Note, we're using https, if you're not, then this would be http.

HTH,
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE