[cups.general] Any luck with Xerox WorkCentre Pro 423?

Andre Costa costa at tecgraf.puc-rio.br
Fri May 14 10:29:53 PDT 2004

Hi Tim,

On Fri, 14 May 2004 17:32:48 +0100
Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 09:15:27AM -0300, Andre Costa wrote:
>
> > we have configured our WorkCentre Pro 423 as a generic PS printer,
> > and CUPS test page prints just fine (printer reports itself as a
> > level 3 PS printer). However, jobs only print 1st page, even though
> > PS file indeed has all pages.
> >
> > Any hints on how to workaround this? I could not find any info about
> > this specific printer on Linux...
> >
> > Using CUPS 1.1.19 on Fedora.
>
> Possibly hitting this bug:
>
> http://www.cups.org/str.php?L716
>
> Tim.

Thks a lot for the info. Yes, it looks like it could be it.

I was looking forward to trying your RPMs, but I guess they're generated
for FC2 -- they depend on a newer version of dbus:

dali ~/rpms/i386 rpm --test -Uvh cups-*
error: Failed dependencies:
        dbus = 0.20 is needed by cups-1.1.20-7

Since I am using FC1 here, is there any chance you could provide RPMs
for FC1 as well?

Again, thks for the fast (and -- hopefully -- precise ;)) reply.

Best,

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa