cups configuration question

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Fri May 7 04:11:53 PDT 2004

Anonymous wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> I am currently working on a driver for a small printer that supports only 4"x4" and 4"x8" paper sizes.  When I submit PS files of this dimension, they print without any problem.  When I print a test page (via Print Manager), the paper size submitted to my filter is Letter.  How can I get cups (or Ghostscript) to scale the page to a page size listed in my PPD?
>
> Thank you.

Most printers that support at least language level 2 allow the
specification of page size policies.
If this feature is properly defined in your printer's PPD, call
"configure printer"
from the web interface, and set "Paper policy" (or whatever it is
called)
to "NearestSizeAdjust" (or whatever is is called).

That won't cure your weird print manager but produce readable output at
least.

Helge

H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
H.Blischke at srz-berlin.com