obtaining from the logs of cups

arcanox at msn.com arcanox at msn.com
Wed May 12 08:46:53 PDT 2004

  Long ago send to the list the question of like obtaining from the logs of cups
the name of the file that send to the printer... I am thankful to you have
answered, to be sincere, I am not programmer.  I was looking for information in
other sites, and your have been the only person who has answered this
question.

  It excuses the annoyances, but you appreciate you did a little to me but it
specifies your answer...

  I use Suse 9 Professional and encounter that in /var/spool/cups appears a
listing of archives, registries of cups

For example

      -rw-------    1 lp       lp            594 Mar 18 14:26 c00036
      -rw-------    1 lp       lp            594 Mar 19 11:37 c00037
      -rw-------    1 lp       lp            594 Mar 19 11:45 c00038
      -rw-------    1 lp       lp            594 Mar 19 11:58 c00039
      -rw-------    1 lp       lp            595 Mar 22 11:51 c00040

When unfolding the content of the file appears this

cmped12087:/var/spool/cups # strings  c00040
      attributes-charset
      iso-8859-15H
      attributes-natural-language
      printer-uri
      %ipp://localhost:631/printers/CmpPrn02
      job-originating-user-name
      fernando
      job-name
      (stdin)I
      document-format
      application/netscape-ps
      job-sheets
      noneB
      none!
      job-priority
      job-originating-host-name
              localhost!
      job-id
              job-state
      job-media-sheets-completed
      job-printer-uri
      'http://cmped12087:631/printers/CmpPrn02B
      job-name
      (stdin)!
      job-k-octets
      time-at-creation
      time-at-processing
      time-at-completed
      job-hold-until
      no-hold

I am found in almost all the archives that the field job-name appears like
"stdin" not like representing this, or as profit to obtain or to register the
name of the file that send to the printer.

  The impressions that are made solicit through OpenOffice or from Mozilla or to
from the line of commandos of the Shell (bash)

 Soon also from http://localhost:631/jobs?which_jobs=completed that is the
interface Web of cups I can find a registry of the impressions, but also stdin
appears to me in the Name field the values or in the case of Acrobat it appears
AcroQd8ojy

I appreciate you can illuminated to us much with your knowledge to be able to
generate these reports of suitable form.

  Thanks for your support.