403 Forbidden responses

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Mon Nov 1 04:49:12 PST 2004

drachmadog at yahoo.com wrote:

> Helge Blischke wrote:
> > Anonymous wrote:

> > > Also... I have run cupstestppd and it comes back with no errors.  Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?  Thank you.
> >
> > The PPDs to choose from should reside in /usr/share/cups/model (path may
> > be different
> > depending on your installation, but the model directory is the one the
> > PPDs
> > are expected in.
> >
> > Helge
>
> Helge:  thank you for your response. Actually I added the printer ppd file via lpadmin as well as through the Web interface.  I am choosing laserjet.ppd which lives in the /usr/share/cups/model directory.  The /etc/cups/ppd folder holds the HPLaserjet.ppd file which is created after running the printer install.  I'm not sure why this is acting this way,

Well,
(1) CUPS only "knows" of only those PPDs in the /usr/share/cups/model
directory that were
    there at cupsd startup. If you add more PPDs, you have to force a
cupsd reload (kill -HUP)
    or do a restart of CUPS.
(2) The /etc/cups/ppd directory contains the PPDs for installed and
configured printers.
    They usually differ from the original ones by different setting of
default values
    (see the "configure printer" button in the web interface or the
options of the
    lpadmin tool).

Helge

--