Bug in pstops?

Christoph Litauer litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Nov 3 01:54:57 PST 2004

Michael Sweet schrieb:
> Christoph Litauer wrote:

>> Looks like Duplex is set to 1 if the ppd file specifies duplex printing
>> by default. As my ppd-File contains
>>
>> *DefaultDuplex: DuplexNoTumble
>

> No, if you look further up you'll see that we use cupsMarkOptions()
> to mark the job options in the PPD options, so the Duplex options will
> reflect the sides/Duplex option setting by the user, not just the
> defaults in the PPD file.

Sorry Michael, I overlooked that.
In the meantime I analyzed the problem a little more. The extra pages
are only generated if I use the Foomatic/PostScript driver for the
printer. A "print to file" document with explicit one-sided printing
enabled contains:

%%BeginFeature: *Duplex None
%% FoomaticRIPOptionSetting: Duplex=None
%%EndFeature

If I print this document an extra page is added.
Does pstops recognize that? What can I do against it?

--
Regards
Christoph
Christoph Litauer                  litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Uni Koblenz, Computing Center,     http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~litauer
Postfach 201602, 56016 Koblenz     Fon: +49 261 287-1311, Fax: -100 1311
PGP-Key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~litauer/public-key.html