CUPS daemon died during initalization

gclark at taiko.us gclark at taiko.us
Mon Nov 1 07:17:00 PST 2004

Hi everyone!

I have a AMD 1500mhz box running SuSE 9.1.  It started acting poorly when dealing with the floppy and zip drive.  My old, but good, HP Lazer IID was doing fine.  I did a "repair" reinstall of the OS hoping to fix the disk issues.

After that the printer had to be reinsalled/configured.  Every time  I try I get and error  -CUPS daemon died during initalization.  I tried reinstalling every CUPS package I could find on the CD set.  No change.

I am a Chiropractor, not a computer pro so I am not real hot on fixing these things.  I have been using Linux in different forms for about 5 years.  I have read several hundred messages on this board and on the net in general W/O finding the answer (or realizing that I had).

My guess is that CUPS is OK and something that works with it is bad.

Any ideas please??

Thanks!

Greg