CUPS seems to generate extra blank pages

Kevin Berry kevin at rapidreporting.com
Mon Nov 1 11:47:30 PST 2004

Hello, we are running CUPS 1.1.20final+rc1-7 from the Debian sarge/testing distribution, under Linux kernel 2.6.8.1.  We're having a major issue with  blank pages being generated after each job on an HP LaserJet 8000 printer, which is running on the Foomatic/hpijs driver.  We have an invoicing job that runs and ends up using 6 reams of paper, when it should only be using 3, because of this.  Any help that can be found to alleviate this would be greatly appreciated.

/etc/cups/cupsd.conf:

ServerName darkone.rapidreporting.com
ServerAdmin email at thisdomain
AccessLog /var/log/cups/access_log
DefaultCharset notused
LogLevel info
PreserveJobHistory Yes
PreserveJobFiles Yes
MaxJobs 1000
Printcap /var/run/cups/printcap
Port 80
Port 631
HostNameLookups Off

/etc/cups/client.conf only has the ServerName listed in it

/etc/cups/classes.conf is completely commented out

/etc/cups/printers.conf:

<DefaultPrinter 8000>
Info HP LaserJet 8000
Location 3rd Floor Printer
DeviceURI ptal:/hpjd:192.168.0.223
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

Any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!