Bug in pstops?

Christoph Litauer litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Nov 3 07:34:06 PST 2004

Helge Blischke schrieb:
> Christoph Litauer wrote:
>
>>Michael Sweet schrieb:

>>>No, if you look further up you'll see that we use cupsMarkOptions()
>>>to mark the job options in the PPD options, so the Duplex options will
>>>reflect the sides/Duplex option setting by the user, not just the
>>>defaults in the PPD file.
>>>

>>Sorry Michael, I overlooked that.
>>In the meantime I analyzed the problem a little more. The extra pages
>>are only generated if I use the Foomatic/PostScript driver for the
>>printer. A "print to file" document with explicit one-sided printing
>>enabled contains:
>>
>>%%BeginFeature: *Duplex None
>>%% FoomaticRIPOptionSetting: Duplex=None
>>%%EndFeature
>>
>>If I print this document an extra page is added.
>>Does pstops recognize that? What can I do against it?
>>
>>--
>>Regards
>>Christoph
>>

> If you view the file with Ghostscript, does this add the extra page
> as well?

Yes, the output contains

%%Page: 2 2
showpage

%%Trailer
%%Pages: 2

But as Michael stated before, the reason is that I use foomatic drivers ...

Just two more questions:
1.) Wouldn't it be better to run pstops _after_ foomatic-rip?
2.) I I switch back to the native printer ppd files, how can I force all
windows clients to reload the printer driver?

--
Regards
Christoph
Christoph Litauer                  litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Uni Koblenz, Computing Center,     http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~litauer
Postfach 201602, 56016 Koblenz     Fon: +49 261 287-1311, Fax: -100 1311
PGP-Key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~litauer/public-key.html