[cups.general] Kyocera FS-1800 printing second page different tray.

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 08:12:49 PST 2004

Hello everyone,

With CUPS and Samba printing on our windows network works nicely except
that a page setup that prints the first page from a different tray to
subsequent pages crashes the printer!

The printer is a Kyocera FS-1800, using the Foomatic+pxlmono driver. The
error message is

"Error: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: AddT42Char"

then some crazy characters. AddT42Char is part of the postscript that
the Adobe driver sends; foomatic-rip deals with it and the InputSlot
option. If I edit the postscript from the driver to remove the InputSlot
option, the job works fine.

Can anyone advise? Is there a way I can set up a CUPS printer that
always prints the first page from one tray, the rest from another?

Thanks for your help,
Tom SW