[cups.general] Kyocera FS-1800 printing second page differenttray.

Peter Kobe kobe at physik.uni-bonn.de
Fri Nov 5 09:54:03 PST 2004

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann <trmsw at yahoo.co.uk> wrote
> However, I can only get one of the printers to print
> from the lower tray at all! That's with
> foomatic/pxlmono, setting the tray at the same time as
> the driver (which you can't do with the straight
> Postscript one).
> Setting the tray in the job properties or the KDE
> printer settings does nothing.
I actually have the same problems with model 1920.
The TraySelection-Code I used for Xerox N32 to select a special Bonner-page
has been published in this list.
It dosn't work.
%Thanks to hints from Kurt Pfeiffle
%                     H. Blischke
%                     St. Graf
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%BeginSetup
 [{
%%BeginFeature
<<
/deferredmediaselection true
     /ManualFeed false
     /MediaPosition 2
     /Mediatype (Color)
     /Collate false
     /ImagingBBox null
     /PageSize [595 842]
     /TraySwitch false
>> setpagedevice
%%EndFeature
 } stopped cleartomark
%%EndSetup
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Tray-Selecting via command lp -o media=A3  -d mynewkyoprint works

> Perplexing! The Kyocera website it being a bit slow,
> but perhaps their ppd will do the trick.
Be careful.
Kyocera-PPDs are often set up with a too old Postscript Version.
Mozilla checks PSVersion an complains if it is .ie. (2014.108) and wants 2015
at least
I took newer ones from
http://www.linuxprinting.org/download/PPD/Kyocera/20040510/

> tchuss