Epson Stylus CX6600

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Nov 8 09:43:15 PST 2004

Brian Hechinger wrote:
> Russ Fineman wrote:
> > Brian Hechinger wrote:
> >

> > Just some additional info for you.
> >
> > I downloaded the driver for the CX6600 from www.epkowa.co.jp and there is no
> > mention of charges for its use. The README file gives all the information
> > on setup and installation. I downloaded the SuSE version. I also said it
> > was for home use. There maybe a charge if you use it commercially.
>
> I had gotten that, but hadn't looked at it yet.  i'm doing so now since gutenprint beta3 doesn't make it through ./configure on NetBSD.  whee!
>
> well, the drivers from epkowa.co.jp aren't building real nice on NetBSD yet either, so we'll see how this goes.
>
> -brian

well, i gave up on trying to build the pips stuff, that just isn't going to happen.  using linux emulation, i've managed to get the ppd file extracted from the rpm file, and i've built and installed cups, esp-gs, and gimp-print out of the packages collection on netbsd, but i am getting this error here:

E [08/Nov/2004:12:24:40 -0500] Unable to convert file 0 to printable format for job 6!
I [08/Nov/2004:12:24:40 -0500] Hint: Do you have ESP Ghostscript installed?

and the answer is yes, yes it is:

$ /usr/local/bin/gs --version
7.07.1

so now what do i do?  i'm tempted to pull all my hair out and install windows or linux on this computer.  bah.

-brian