[cups.general] only hieroglyphics with MacOS X

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Mon Nov 8 10:05:13 PST 2004

Moin,

I run a cups server at a FreeBSD server. Irix, Linux and XP clients use this
server for theire printouts.

Some of the MacOS X clients make problems, some not! I configured
/etc/cups/client.conf to point to my cups server. All printers are available.
But dependent to the application, only caskets are printed, no letters! The
printout of a web page (safari) is ok, the printout of an email isn't.

I installed the printer server server direct to the mac and all printouts are
ok, but they sould use the spooler of course!

Any hint?
--

|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|D-72072 Tuebingen   Germany                        |