[cups.general] CUPS - No pages found.

v.sudeep at exgate.tek.com v.sudeep at exgate.tek.com
Tue Nov 9 05:21:06 PST 2004

Hi !!!

I am using cups 1.1.20, espgs 7.07.1 and gimp-4.2.6 to print from Linux
instrument. I have a queer filesystem and that too on an NFS mount that
requires me to handpick the files that I need installed and set the file
permissions. I have succeeded to major extent.

But I am having some problems with printing especially because of the file
permissions.

Can someone please tell me what should be the exact file permissions, owner
and group for the following directories :

/var/spool/cups
/var/spool/cups/tmp

I am attaching the cupsd.conf and the error log.

I am unable to figure out what are the permissions, owner and group to be
granted to the file TempDir and RequestRoot directories. I tried with /temp.
Also, I tried changing the user to nobody and nogroup. But that
unfortunately leads to some other problems.

Any help will be apprecaited.

Regards,

Sudeep V