MultiTray Printing : Help Needed

Christoph Litauer litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Nov 10 00:00:21 PST 2004

nitin_mandolkar at yahoo.com schrieb:
> Hello Cups Group.
>
> Problem Defination :
>
> I am trying to print a file having 5 pages.  Out of five pages first page should be print from tray 1 and rest of pages should be print from  tray 2. The i want to repat this printing for 3 times.
>
> i tried this commands.
>
> lp -d lpdps -o media=Upper -o page-ranges=1 Testfilewith5pages.ps
>
> and then
>
> lp -d lpdps -o media=Lower -o page-ranges=2-5 Testfilewith5pages.ps
>
> These commands working fine. I am getting the desired out put.
> but i have to gave these commands 6 times to print 3 copies.
>
> In above command i can gave -n 3 for each command. But the again i have to sort the printing.
>
> Is any option where i can say on only with one command. Like print the first page from Tray 1 and rest of pages from Tray 2 and repeat this print printing for 3 times.

Edit your .ps-file and insert the tray selection just before the 2nd
page. You can find the postscript code for tray selection in the
printers ppd file under /etc/cups/ppd. Should be an entry like

*OpenUI *InputSlot/Media Source

--
Regards
Christoph
Christoph Litauer                  litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Uni Koblenz, Computing Center,     http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~litauer
Postfach 201602, 56016 Koblenz     Fon: +49 261 287-1311, Fax: -100 1311
PGP-Key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~litauer/public-key.html