pstoraster no output?

Enrique Perez-Terron enrio at online.no
Wed Nov 10 03:19:32 PST 2004

Hello,

When I tried to print a web page today the printer remained silent.  Investigating, I found that the pstoraster filter writes nothing to its standard output.

Yesterday I received an email from a user of my Lexmark X74 driver, saying he could not install my driver. The install apparently went well, but when printing a test page nothing happened. He had then turned loglevel to debug in cupsd.conf, and attached the error_log. In this log I found the error message from my driver that can only happen if cupsrasteropen() fails. This function can only fail for any one of the following: