Jobs are queued in client

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Thu Nov 11 04:33:44 PST 2004

Anders Blomdell wrote:

> Is there any way to avoid that jobs are queued in clients until the previous job from that client is finished?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The jobs are queued on the CUPS server
that
services the respective printer, and the jobs are dequeued when they are
finished.
But, for IPP printers, there are options (recently introduced) that
allow
dequeueing the job as soon as they are submitted to the printer. This
primarily
has been implemented for "high end production" printers which in fact
are
servers that manage more than one print queue.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung