hp 4350 driver problems

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Thu Nov 11 04:37:13 PST 2004

Anonymous wrote:

> I have a new hp 4350 and have run cupsaddsmb successfully.  I can then download the driver to a windows machine successfully, however when I try to pull up the properties page it tells me that the driver is not installed properly.  I am using cups version 1.1.19rc4 and samba version 2.2.5-10. I am not having any problems with any other printers.

Did you restart samba after defining the printer in CUPS?
In contrast to recent documentation, the bug that some of samba's
components only know newly introduced printers after a restart,
is still present until samba 3.0.5 (not tried 3.0.7 yet).

Especially make sure that the last step of cupsaddsmb (the setdriver
subcommand) succeeded.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke