Jobs are queued in client

Anders Blomdell anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
Thu Nov 11 08:15:16 PST 2004

Anders Blomdell wrote:
> Is there any way to avoid that jobs are queued in clients until the previous job from that client is finished?

Am I correct if I assume that this problem will disappear if I modify scheduler/dirsvc.c [SendCUPSBrowse] to:

  snprintf(packet, sizeof(packet),
           "%x %x ipp://%s:%d/%s/%s?waitjob=no \"%s\" \"%s\" \"%s\"\n",
           type, p->state, iface->hostname, iface->port,
           (p->type & CUPS_PRINTER_CLASS) ? "classes" : "printers",
           p->name,
           p->location ? p->location : "",
           p->info ? p->info : "",
           p->make_model ? p->make_model : "Unknown");

Because then backend/ipp.c [main] will parse this option and continue with sending the next job to the server without waiting for the current job to finish printing.