[cups.general] only hieroglyphics with MacOS X

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Fri Nov 12 01:46:17 PST 2004

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 13:08, Helge Blischke wrote:
> Michael Renner wrote:
> > Moin,
> >
> > I run a cups server at a FreeBSD server. Irix, Linux and XP clients use
> > this server for theire printouts.
> >
> > Some of the MacOS X clients make problems, some not! I configured
> > /etc/cups/client.conf to point to my cups server. All printers are
> > available. But dependent to the application, only caskets are printed, no
> > letters! The printout of a web page (safari) is ok, the printout of an
> > email isn't.
> >
> > I installed the printer server server direct to the mac and all printouts
> > are ok, but they sould use the spooler of course!
> >
> > Any hint?
>
> Please supply an URL to a sample file.

OK, you finde the original document file at
ftp://hyaden.dyndns.org/pub/misc/TEST.xml

The result of the printout is scanned in
ftp://hyaden.dyndns.org/pub/misc/test.png

As I mentioned before: this only happens when the user is using cups. With the
local installed printer driver the printout is fine.

Thanks
--

|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|D-72072 Tuebingen   Germany                        |