HP 870Cxi / Printer not connected

Hiram spam at nowhere.com
Mon Nov 15 10:04:34 PST 2004

Evidently this situation still exists in cups 1.19

I set up an HP Office Jet G95 with a Foomatic/hpijs
interface on parallel:/dev/lp0

It printed a test page, and several other simple
tests, but now it appears stuck in the mode of:
I [15/Nov/2004:09:14:25 +0800] [Job 56] Printer not connected; will retry in 30
seconds...

I have reset everything, the printer, the system, cups,
deleted and added the printer, checked /dev/lp0, and turned
on the cups debug log to debug2 and I can not determine
how it is deciding that the printer is not connected.

How does it decide that a printer isn't there ?
Is it one of the lp* commands that uses to
check the printer ?

This has been very frustrating,

Any assistance will be appreciated

<A HREF="mailto:hiram@soe.