[cups.general] CUPS 1.1.22 + BJC-2000

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Nov 16 01:28:30 PST 2004

Hello,

On Nov 15 12:09 Richard Hirner wrote (shortened):
> Canon BJC-2000
> Everything I print is scaled to about 1/2 width and 1/2 height
> and placed in the left top corner of the sheet.

Normally this indicates a resolution problem.

Play around with the resolution settings (there may be two kind
of resolutions: "Ghostscript Resolution" and "Quality").

As far as I know some Canon printers require 600 dpi (or 720 dpi).
If they get only 300 dpi (or 360 dpi) data then all the data is
used for the first half of width and height.
Therefore it may work to use a driver for 600 dpi or 720 dpi.

Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de