New Printer that I did not installed

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Nov 16 07:33:16 PST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem (may be not with CUPS).
I am using CUPS with a Mandrake 9.1. Using the CUPS web interface, I recently found a new printer configure on my machine. The problem is that I do not have installed this printer myself. Besides, I am supposed to be the only one who has the root password and I didn't use lppasswd and I didn't modify cupsd.conf:
------
<Location /admin>
#
# You definitely will want to limit access to the administration functions.
# The default configuration requires a local connection from a user who
# is a member of the system group to do any admin tasks.  You can change
# the group name using the SystemGroup directive.
#

AuthType Basic
AuthClass System

## Restrict access to local domain
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1

#Encryption Required
</Location>
------
Is there a way to confifure a new printer without being root (and from a remote machine, besides)?

Thanks to all,

Rems