[cups.general] New Printer that I did not installed

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue Nov 16 08:22:33 PST 2004

Jerome Alet wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 10:50:33AM -0500, Anonymous wrote:
> > >
> > I checked in printers.conf. This new printer isn't present in the
> > list. So as you said, I guess this is a remote printer which is
> > there because my CUPS server see a another CUPS server (on a machine
> > whose IP I know). Can I prevent my CUPS server from adding remote
> > queue?
>
> Yes, you have to modify CUPS' browsing settings on both the local
> machine and the remote one, if you want to prevent both the remote
> CUPS from announcing itself, and the local one to read remote
> announce messages.
>
> Check cupsd.conf and do the browsing modifications, the file is well
> commented (at least under Debian), then restart both CUPS daemons.

OK. I find the part concerning "browsing settings". May be I should modify Browsing from On to Off (I didn't have enough time at the moment to carefully read the comments and to see what else changes I must do). Besides, I know the IP of the remote machine but not the guy. I'll see later if I will take contact with him.

Thanks Jerome

Till Kamppeter wrote:

> Automatic print queue generation in Mandrakelinux 10.0 and earlier is
> only done when starting printerdrake, but I do not remember whether I
> introduced that already in Mandrakelinux 9.1 or only later.

I don't know but I didn't start printerdrake from a while.

Thanks Till