what configuration tool do I miss ?

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina mihamina at mail.rktmb.org
Tue Nov 16 22:51:50 PST 2004

Hello !

First : CUPS is a great soft.
Second: I would like to talk you a little problem when I print a document.
May be discussing will help to find the problem.

I'm running Debian Testing (daily updated). It runs CUPS 1.1.20rc.
I also have foomatic 3.0.2.

My printer is a HP Deskjet 3420 USB.

2 months ago, the printer printed very well the documents, the black color
was very black.

Then, suddenly, I wanted to print a black text (through OpenOffice and
from PDFs files with cups lpr) and it becomes pink, then green, then
blue,... on the paper!

Dear God! What happened? I though the black cartidge was emtpy, i changed
it, but it stil prints pink, green, blue...

If I try calibration through a Windows computer, the black color is
alright. If I return under CUPS, no black color.

What would you think I missed? the "hp-ppd" package? Then what do I have
to do with it? I wonder why it worked, then suddenly it did not. What
would you advice me?

Thanks in advance.
--
ASPO Infogérance     - http://aspo.rktmb.org/activites/infogerance