Recreating deleted printers

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Thu Nov 18 05:08:24 PST 2004

lwolf at ascensionhealth.org wrote:

> I [14/Nov/2004:15:40:36 +0600] Remote destination "Deskjet" has timed out; deleting it...
> I [14/Nov/2004:15:40:37 +0600] Remote destination "iccaus2" has timed out; deleting it...
> [...]
>
> How from a client can I get the printers above to be readded to the remote print server so I can print to it?
>
> Any help anyone can give would be appreciated

Obviously either the remote CUPS server (or the respecive host) died or
the
remote server's administrator switched off browsing.

If browsing is configured OK, the remote printers should be visible
again in about
30 s (the default browsing interval; see cupsd.conf).

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung