CX6600 and SAMBA

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu Nov 18 06:13:55 PST 2004

Brian Hechinger wrote:

> ok, here's some more information:
>
> i can print just fine from linux (well, the test page, i should install something like a web browser to print from for testing) and i can print text fine from windows via SAMBA, but if i try to print something with graphics in it from windows, the printer hangs and won't finish what it
> started.  it hangs very early in the page too.
>
> Slackware 10
> CUPS 1.1.20
> ESP Ghostscript 7.07.1
> Epson PIPS 2.6.2
> SAMBA 3.0.4

well, screwing around with it more, i find that this has nothing to do with SAMBA, since i just installed IPP support into Windows ME, and talking directly to the linux box with IPP i see the same behavior.

text from the windows machine prints fine.
graphics hang the printer.

i now how to power cycle the printer and DELETE and RE-ADD my printer queue in cups, as it will no longer work correctly until i do so.

where should i start looking?  is this CUPS related?  could this be Epson's printer drivers causing issues?  i don't even know where to look.

-brian