CUPS permmission prob - Am I dumb, or is the program dumb?

Gino Relli gino at linux.ca
Fri Nov 19 10:53:35 PST 2004

In the ./configure script for cups (CVS), there are these flags:
  --with-cups-user        set default user for CUPS
  --with-cups-group       set default group for CUPS

...should these be set to anything specific for pure and total ANONYMOUS access?
That's all I want.
Does anyone else use cups "anonymously" (NO-AUTHENTICATION) who would want to review this thread and give'er a try?
It used to work awesome un-authenicated with same settings/ppds, using the distro's rpm, *before* I re-compiled my entire system from source.