[cups.general] FS-1020D cups printing issue

JB Hewit johnblade at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 15:57:56 PST 2004

Hi all,

I have an issue with a Kyocera FS-1020D (it's a FS-1010 with duplex
abilities) and Cups.  I'm running Cups v1.1.20 and using the official
Kyocera windows PPD for the FS-1020D since there isn't any PPD from
linuxprinting.org.

The Cups server is printing to it over the network via LPD.  Clients
print to cups via Samba which is working fine (they are using the
Adobe postscript drivers and the Kyocera PPD).

My issue is that whilst the features are fine when I try to print
complex graphics to it (say a PDF with a large image) it will
literally freeze the printer.  The printer needs a hard reset to get
it going again, there are some documents that will freeze the printer
every time.

Yet when I use the official drivers on windows it works fine every
time?  Can I diagnose this problem or should I be trading this new
printer for another one?

--
Regards,
      JB Hewitt