[cups.general] Problem compiling on Solaris...

Andrew McCall andrew.mccall at oldham.gov.uk
Thu Nov 25 08:45:48 PST 2004

are addressed. If you have received this email in error you must delete
it and notify the system manager (e-mail: postmaster at oldham.gov.uk).
Hi Folks,

I am having a problem compiling CUPS on Solaris 9.  The following is the
error from make:

Making all in cups...
Making all in backend...
Making all in berkeley...
Making all in cgi-bin...
Making all in filter...
Making all in man...
Making all in man/es...
Making all in man/fr...
Making all in pdftops...
Linking pdftops...
operator new[](unsigned int)        libxpdf.a(GString.o)
operator new(unsigned int)          pdftops.o
vtable for __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_infolibxpdf.a(PSOutputDev.o)
operator delete[](void*)            libxpdf.a(GString.o)
operator delete(void*)              pdftops.o
vtable for __cxxabiv1::__class_type_infolibxpdf.a(Stream.o)
__gxx_personality_v0                pdftops.o
__cxa_pure_virtual                  libxpdf.a(Stream.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to pdftops
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
/usr/local/bin/gcc -L../cups -L../filter   -R/usr/local/lib -Wall -fPIC -O2
-o pdftops pdftops.o libxpdf.a -lcups -lsocket -lnsl    -lm
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `pdftops'
Current working directory /usr/local/src/cups-1.1.22/pdftops
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
for dir in cups backend berkeley cgi-bin filter man pdftops  scheduler
systemv; do\
        echo Making all in $dir... ;\
        (cd $dir ; make ) || exit 1;\
done
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Can anyone tell me what this is, and why its doing it?

Thanks,

Andrew McCall
UNIX System Administrator
-
I.C.T. & Printing
Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council
Civic Centre
West Street
Oldham
OL1 1UU
--
Tel : 0161 911 3990
Fax : 0161 911 3998
Email : andrew.mccall at oldham.gov.uk

Get our Metrolink back on track!!!
Write to your MP in support of the campaign - tell them how failing to
get the Metrolink extension will affect your life, your business or
the economy.
You can also pledge your support by filling in an online form on
the website of the Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Executive
(GMPTE) at http://www.gmpte.com

This note confirms that this email message has been swept for the
presence of computer viruses, however we advise that in keeping with
good IT practice the recipient should ensure that the e-mail together
with any attachments are virus free by running a virus scan themselves.
We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by
software viruses.

http://www.oldham.gov.uk