[cups.general] renderer command

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Tue Nov 30 04:34:48 PST 2004

Anonymous wrote:
> I believe this was generated by the kde control center when
> configuring my printer. I have both the
> Gimp-Print package installed and the foomatic one.
> I'd try installing the printer straight from CUPS, but for some odd
> reason I can't seem to connect to
> localhost:631, although kcontrol does seem to connect there.
> [...]

There is a severe bug in your PPD. The line
*FoomaticRIPCommandLine: ""
defines an empty command to be executed by foomatic-rip, which is
illegal. Instead, if your printer is a native PostScript printer,
this keyword should *not* be present - foomatic-rip then uses the
cat command to pass on the print stream.

As it is, foomatic-rip tries to execute an empty command which fails,
of course (and leads to a shell syntax error when using the
debug switch).

Get a correct PPD.

Helge

--