How do I select a font on a text job

malfunction at malpractice.net malfunction at malpractice.net
Tue Nov 30 06:25:23 PST 2004

Hi,

Our previous SCO system had a spooler that allowed us to set up defaults in the printer (in particular the font) then override these defaults on the lp command line.

We now use RH Enterprise Linux 3 which comes with CUPS and it can't seem to do this.  Spooling a text file to out HP Laserjet 4M gives a listing using Courier.  How can I change this to be Ariel?

I can do it by using the raw printer but that now denies us the facility to print landscape.

Is there any way to emulate the simplisity of the old lp system?

Mal