Solution begs another ? (was: New to CUPS...)

null nomail at nomail.invalid
Mon Nov 15 14:00:03 PST 2004

The reason it wasn't working is because I neglected to update the PPD
associated with the <ahem> printer to reflect the new *cupsFilter (after
reading an unrelated tidbit from MS). After doing so, my CUPS
environment with it's custom filter chain appears to be working. I have
more testing to do but I digress...

With today's CUPS knowledge in my cranium another question arises...

If I have to do this (i.e., *cupsFilter, PPD, etc.) to get a filter
chain to work does it not make it impossible to initiate filter
delegation once filtering has begun (since I've had to tell it what to
eat and how to eat it *up front*)?

Michael, please tell me there's another way...

Does CUPS support multiple *cupsFilter (PPD) keys?

Best,
JR