creating filter routes (howto?)

null nomail at nomail.invalid
Tue Nov 16 06:15:42 PST 2004

In article <1711-cups.development at news.easysw.com>,
 null <nomail at nomail.invalid> wrote:

> It's expected that CUPS will then route
> %PDF through pdftops and then my custom pstofoo filter *or*, if the
> content from the initial filter is PostScript CUPS should route directly
> to my pstofoo filter.

Here's the relevant content from my error_log:

d [] add_job_state_reasons(0x401fb008[2], 2706)
d [] WriteClient: Removing fd 2 from OutputSet...
d [] ReadClient() 2, used=0
D [] CloseClient() 2
d [] CloseClient: Removing fd 2 from InputSet and OutputSet...
D [] <normal messages from my filter...>
D [] UpdateJob: job 2706, file 0 is complete.
d [] UpdateJob: Removing fd 3 from InputSet...
D [] CancelJob: id = 2706
D [] StopJob: id = 2706, force = 0
D [] StopJob: printer state is 3
d [] StopJob: Freeing status buffer...

What does "printer state 3" mean (is there a definitions table
somewhere?)

Thanks,
JR