Media Tray Empty

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Mon Nov 29 05:20:52 PST 2004

markp wrote:

> I have been researching the "Media Tray Empty" error I get when trying to print to my Brother HL-1850 on /dev/usb/lp0.  Although I think I have the solution (upgrade CUPS to the newer version), I though I would throw out that I can print to the other USB printers on the same system.  They are hooked as /dev/usb/lp1 and /dev/usb/lp2.
>
> This may be a /dev/usb/lp0 issue.  I can post more info about my setup if requested.
>
> Mark

There has been at least one patch against the USB backend recently,
perhaps posted in the gups.general NG. The error is due to the
interpretation of the USB status code (CUPS and the Linux kernel
have different meanings on this, IIRC).
Search for the patch (it is just one changed source line and easy
to apply to whatever version).

Helge

PS: I've not achived that thingy as I haven't any USB printers.

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung