Brother ppd

Diego diegodenolf at netscape.net
Wed Oct 6 10:51:45 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have a Brother HL-1660e printer that has postscript (BR-Script2) build in.
I'd like to use the ppd file included on the CDRom.
When i do a test on the ppd file, i get an error:
# cupstestppd BRHL166E.PPD
BRHL166E.PPD: FAIL
      **FAIL**  REQUIRED DefaultDuplex
                REF: Page 40, section 4.5.
      **FAIL**  REQUIRED Manufacturer
                REF: Pages 58-59, section 5.3.
Sould i try to correct the error (can i just edit the file?). The printers seem to print OK. (Sometimes i get a "99 SERVICE 3" error when printing pdf files generated with ghostscript 7.05 :-(
I tried to import the ppd with ppdi from the cupsddk, but i get a segmentation fault.
Does someone have experience with this?

Thanks.

DiƩgo