403 Forbidden responses

drachmadog at yahoo.com drachmadog at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 07:27:48 PST 2004

Helge Blischke wrote:
> Anonymous wrote:

> > > When I run cupsaddsmb -h localhost -U username -v HPLaserjet
> > >
> > > I get this message:  Warning: No PPD file for printer "HPLaserjet" - skipping!
> > >

> > Also... I have run cupstestppd and it comes back with no errors.  Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?  Thank you.
>
> The PPDs to choose from should reside in /usr/share/cups/model (path may
> be different
> depending on your installation, but the model directory is the one the
> PPDs
> are expected in.
>
> Helge

Helge:  thank you for your response. Actually I added the printer ppd file via lpadmin as well as through the Web interface.  I am choosing laserjet.ppd which lives in the /usr/share/cups/model directory.  The /etc/cups/ppd folder holds the HPLaserjet.ppd file which is created after running the printer install.  I'm not sure why this is acting this way,