[cups.general] How to restrict the print access ?

Tomas Davidek davidek at ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Oct 12 04:25:34 PDT 2004

v.sudeep at exgate.tek.com wrote:

>Hi !!!
>
>I am no expert at this... but I was wondering if it would work if you used
>the "BrowseDeny" "BrowseAllow" and "BrowseOrder" parameters of the
>cupsd.conf file.
>
>The problem with AuthType is that it is w.r.t to the http requests to the
>"jobs" and "printers" directory of the web admin only. This would allow
>printing to continue but will not allow browsing the pages
>"http://<ipaddress>:<portno>/jobs" and
>"http://<ipaddress>:<portno>/printers".
>
>Hope this helps...

Thanks, but I am not sure I got the point. I tried to include the
BrowseDeny and BrowseAllow options in the cupsd.conf (see attachment),
but printing still works from any machine.

I can understand that putting the Deny or Allow commands into the
recpective <Location ..> causes (non-)availability of the given http
directory, but still don't know how to restrict the printing access ?

Any other idea, please ?

Regards
           Tomas Davidek