[cups.general] Printing problems from WTS to ipp

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Mon Oct 25 01:49:50 PDT 2004

Hi,

we have printing problems with our W2K terminalserver.
The WTS is printing directly to the cups server using
ipp (I also tested lpd). To all HP printer printing is not
possible. Only one page is printed out showing the following
error message:

----------
ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: @PJL

STACK:
----------

The cups-server shows no error ! It also shows a page count!

So I finaly found that the "normal PCL" driver of the WTS seem's
to work. Can anybody explain what's going on here ?

Other printer (Canon, Konica) are working without any trouble
on the WTS using IPP.

Thanks, Peer

Max-Planck-Institut fuer Biogeochemie
Dr. Peer-Joachim Koch
Hans-Knöll Str.10            Telefon: ++49 3641 57-6705
D-07745 Jena                 Telefax: ++49 3641 57-7705