default JobHistory

angelb at bugarin.us angelb at bugarin.us
Thu Oct 14 16:02:30 PDT 2004

Hi all.

I have two CUPS server running concurrently to provide redundancy.

While this is a great way to provide non-interruptible service, an issue has arised when we try to figure out if a particular print job was serviced or not.

Since any client can send request to anyone server, is there anyway I can hard-code or configure a client so that its job history is always recorded only on one specific server?

For example, client X is setup to use Server A as its default server but at the same time query Server B. By default, client X will print directly to Server A but if Server A is busy or down, client X will route its request to Server B. In that case then, is there a way I can force client X's job history so that it will remain in Server A?

Thanks!
angel