can't print usb epson

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Wed Oct 20 08:03:42 PDT 2004

hi,

First I must say I've already printed before in MDK10.0 when I had my 'old' hard disk, with this same Epson CX3200 printer, connected via usb.  Now, that I've upgraded the hard disk to a SATA one, I just can't print.  Unfortunately, I don't have the other disk installation to browse and look for cups configuration there.

The facts.
1- I've installed the new 1.1.22rc2 cups version, because before I was getting the 'empty tray' message, and I read the change text that this issue was fixed in this version;

2- My cupsd.conf is the following:
LogLevel debug2
TempDir /var/spool/cups/tmp
Browsing On
BrowseDeny All
BrowseAllow @LOCAL
BrowseOrder Deny,Allow
<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 217.129.175.226
Allow From @LOCAL
</Location>
<Location /admin>
AuthType Basic
AuthClass System
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
</Location>

3- Cups administration says:
Location: /dev/usb/lp0
Printer State: idle, accepting jobs.
Device URI: usb:/dev/usblp0

4- I have no usblp0 file at /dev
I tried to create one, but can't change permissions or owner group from root/root r-xr-xr-x

5- I have:
$ ll /dev/usb/lp0
crw-rw----  1 lp sys 180, 0 Jan  1  1970 /dev/usb/lp0

6- in KDE, I have information tab, I have
type: local
status: processing, accepting tasks
path /dev/usb/lp0
URI: IPP://lince:631/printers/Epson_CB   <--- note that it has not "localhost" but my computer's hostname
usb:/dev/usblp0
model: Epson Stylus CX3200 Foomatic/gimp-print-ijs (recommended)
print system: CUPS connected to localhost 631

Can anyone please help me with this? I really don't know what is wrong.

Luis