CUPS in mozilla, netscape and open office

james_hurford at yahoo.co.uk james_hurford at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 08:20:25 PDT 2004

I have a large solaris network with a couple of linux desktops.

I am trying to migrate to CUPS as it provides a central point to administer all the printers.

>From within unix everything is fine.  lpstat works and the lp command works just fine.

In the applications above running on solaris 8 I have various problems

Netscape

there is no list of printers

What needs to happen for netscape to be able to see cups printers ?

Mozilla

the printers are all there but the ones I have set up as  duplex show as simplex in the properties box.  If you select duplex and print that is fine but why doesn't it show as duplex as that is how the queue is set up ?

Open Office

there is no list of printers.

What needs to be done for open office to see all the cups printers ?