Forced duplex printing to specific printers?

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon Oct 11 09:10:21 PDT 2004

demian wrote:

> I'd like to be able to force all print jobs sent to a specific queue to be printed in duplex mode.

[....]

> Any suggestions/pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Run as root:

  lpoptions -p printername -o sides=two-sided-long-edge

This will create (an entry in) /etc/cups/lpoptions setting this as the default print option for "printername". (Note, that this doesnt *force* the behaviour in each case -- f.e. a user can override it by setting a different "-o sides=..." option on the commandline. But it is the most easy way to get duplex printing as the default setting and may be good enough for you.)

Kurt